Amanda grew up in Minnetonka, Minnesota. Growing up she spent most of her time in the goalie net and on the soccer field. After high school, Amanda attended the University of Minnesota Carlson School of Management and received a degree in public relations and marketing while spending the majority of her time rowing on the Crew team and working at the Pillsbury Company as a Recipe Production Specialist (seriously).
When Amanda decided on the University of St. Thomas for law school, her mother said “Finally, why didn’t she listen to me and her heart sooner?” At UST, Amanda participated in the elder law clinical program, externed for then District Judge Francis Connolly, and received her certification as a Qualified Neutral in both family and civil law.
After graduating from UST, magna cum laude, Amanda joined the law firm of Melchert Hubert Sjodin in Waconia, Minnesota. At MHS, Amanda spent her time practicing in a wide variety of areas and learned that she most enjoys solving problems for real people: individuals, families and small businesses. In 2011, Amanda and partner, Katie Hanson opened the law firm of Bloomgren Hanson Legal with a goal of providing practical people focused legal services. Amanda’s practice areas include family law, real estate, small business issues and general civil litigation.
Amanda believes that the real way to solve problems is not through the court system, but by taking a proactive approach in planning and dispute resolution. That being said, Amanda’s experience with a wide variety of types of litigation allows her to effectively and efficiently represent her clients in the court room when necessary.
Amanda is also active in the local community and the legal community. Amanda is involved in the following activities and organizations:
- Chaska Rotary, President 2013
- Co-Chair of the Chaska High School Strive Program
- Member of the Carver County Health Partnership Board
- University of St. Thomas School of Law Mentor
- Member of the University of St. Thomas School of Law Alumni Social Committee
- Member of the University of St. Thomas Alumni Board
- Member of Minnesota Women Lawyers
- Member of the Minnesota Bar Association
- Member of the 8th District Bar Association
- Member of the 8th District Bar Association Ethics Investigation Committee
- Co-Leader of Business Women’s Network
In her free time, Amanda enjoys laughing at the antics of her chihuahua, Biggie Smalls; fixing up her house and garden with her husband, Tamas; and shopping for mid-century modern furniture on Craigslist. She also manages to spend way too much time Facebooking and taking advantage of the DVR function on her TV.